Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Oh What A Circus, Oh What A Show

Earlier today we watched the Michael Jackson Memorial on CNN. I thought it was an appropriate send off for MJ. All freakishness aside the man was a great entertainer, whether people want to admit it or not. I remember the first album I bought ( yes I mean album as in vinyl) was Thriller. I would play that record over and over again. I believe I bought everyone of his releases up to HIStory. Songs such and 'Who Is It" , "Smooth Criminal" and " Will You Be There" remain a few of my favorite songs of all time. The latter was perfromed by Jennifer Hudson at the service and I thought she was the best of the day. Mariah Carey did "I'll Be There" and Usher did "Gone Too Soon" . I was surprised by the absense of Liz Taylor, Quincy Jones and Diana Ross. Liz did make a statement that she would rather mourn in private. Some part I felt were a bit contrived such as Usher walking to the casket as he sang and having Jackson's daughter Paris speak at the end. I do hope that finally Michael has found his peace and that he has realized that he will be missed.

No comments: