Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flash Back

20 years ago today I graduated from high school. Now high school wasn't the most pleasant experience for me. Being called fag, homo, all the standard remark high schoolers make. I used to hate walking in those doors everyday anticipating the torment but I survived. I had a few freinds that no matter what stood by me and I will always be grateful to that. To all the others I want to thank you also for making me stronger. To know that no matter what is thrown at me I can make it. I hold no grudges, We were kids in a small midwestern town and that was 20 years ago. I hope your thoughts on gays have changed and I hope you have opened your hearts. Remember your child could be in my place as we speak. Love them, support them and let the ignorance of youth give way to the wisdom of age.

No comments: